top of page
AWARENESS EDUCATION RECOGNITION
About Us: Quote
The Maltese Association of Psychiatric Nurses (MAPN) is a registered VO, independently regulated by its own statute and its own elected council. It was founded on the 11th of May 2006 to improve and recognize the roles & standards of Psychiatric Nursing in Malta, with the aim to empower, educate and strengthen the role of the nurse in mental health and actively participate in mental health promotion among the Maltese population.
MAPN adopted 3 concepts to focus on: Awareness, Education and Recognition. Such concepts guide the activities of the same association and are embedded within its statute. The MAPN took several steps to increase the profile of psychiatric nursing locally. This involves a wide array of activities, from voluntary mental health promotional activities to involvement in professional and educational events. Over the years MAPN has also been attentive regarding the appropriate coverage of mental health issues and events on the local media and their impact on stigma. MAPN also sees this as part of its educational role. This involves organizing conferences, congresses & continuing education opportunities for health and social professionals. In terms of recognition, the MAPN represents the special interest of psychiatric nurses among the stakeholders involved in the mental health field, also teaming up with other similar national / international organizations in achieving this aim.
About Us: About Us
Aims and Objectives
• To improve and recognize the roles and standards of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses in Malta.
• To promote Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, locally and internationally.
• To represent the special interests of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses in Malta and team up with other stakeholders and nursing organizations.
• To empower nurse leadership in mental health.
• To organize conferences, congresses & continuing education opportunities for nurses and other related professionals who have interest in mental health.
• To provide information and education about mental health within the Maltese Islands.
• To create a link with other associations and organizations within Europe and the rest of the World.
About Us: Who We Are
About Us: Quote
bottom of page